Village Of Wilson
Homepage
Robert Kane, George Banagis, and Mayor Bernie Leiker.
War of 1812
Artwork by resident George Banagis which was used by the Niagara Falls National Heritage Area to create a "trading card" which will be available in all National Parks depicting Luther Wilson herding 25 head of cattle, stuffing their bells with dried leaves and driving them five miles to the east to avoid the British soldiers during the War of 1812. Special thanks to resident Robert Kane, professor at Niagara University, for connecting the Village of Wilson to the Niagara Falls National Heritage Area.

REMINDER: Winter Parking Rules go into effect November 1st.  No parking on Village streets between 2am and 7am until April 15th.

 

 

 

 

 

War of 1812 Trading Card
War of 1812 Trading Card
Available in all National Parks Artwork by George Banagis

The Historic Village of Wilson

On The Shores of Lake Ontario 

 

Welcome to the Historic Village of Wilson.  The Village of Wilson, the only incorporated village in Niagara County, was incorporated on May 11, 1858, and is located on the shores of Lake Ontario between the towns of Porter to the west and Newfane to the east.  It is approximately 18 miles from the County seat at the City of Lockport and similar distance from the Lewiston/Queenston Bridge linking Niagara County to Canada.

 

Cultural assets include the Wilson Free Library and the Wilson Historical Society Museum complex.

 

One of the ways the Village of Wilson benefits from the moderate climate of the region is the abundance of locally grown produce available.  The geographic orientation of Niagara County to Lake Ontario produces conditions favorable to the cultivation of tree-born fruits, grapes, and a variety of row cropped foodstuffs suitable for fresh consumption and perserving alike.

 

If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions, the Village's main email address is villageofwilson@verizon.net

 

 

Search our calendar for upcoming events or check out the menus and bands playing at our local restaurants.

Public Meetings:
Department Pages:
 


Federal Piers and the Army Corp of Engineers

Please be advised that the Army Corp of Engineers, whom is the governing entity over the Federal Piers located near the Village of Wilson Waste Water Treatment Plant on Ontario St, has installed Danger and Warning signs on both piers discouraging swimming and diving from the piers, and even walking on the piers during inclement weather (rain, snow and ice) in an effort to prevent any further tragedies or injuries.

 

Parents, please advise your children of the dangers of swimming in this boating area and to use swimming areas that are supervised and safe for this activity.

Home Page | Search Website | Assessment Information | Boards & Committees | Calendars | Community Groups | Courts | Demographics | Departments | Economic Development | Educational Facilities | Employment | History | Laws | Local Events | Meetings | Minutes | Newsletters | Parks & Recreation | Permits & Licenses Info | Public Safety | Religious Organizations | Tourism | Weather